- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Centers & Research
- Alumni & Friends
The Certificate Program application form can be found here.
Fall Semester Application Deadline: July 1st
Spring Semester Application Deadline: October 31st
Below is a description of the additional documents you will need to submit, along with the non-refundable $75 application processing fee. The following is an outline of the application & notification process:
- After the application deadline, The Martin School and IPPMI review the profiles of all applicants.
- The Martin School and IPPMI notify all accepted applicants.
- The Martin School and IPPMI will submit all necessary documents to the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and will receive a SEVIS DS-2019 for each participant.
- IPPMI sends these SEVIS DS-2019 forms to the applicants which they need to use to apply for a J-1 VISA.
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letters of Recommendation (at least 2)
- Affidavit of Financial Support
- J-1 Scholar: $22,000 per year
- J-1 Scholar and spouse: $28,000 per year
- Each child: $4,700 per year
- Certificate of Employment
- Certificate of English Test (TOEFL or equivalent)
- Official Transcript
- A copy of the biographical page of your passport (and of each accompanying dependent, if applicable)
- Marriage Certificate or Family Registry
- City of Birth (of applicant and each accompanying family member)
- Emergency Contact in home country. Must include contact’s name, phone, address and, if possible, e-mail address.
- Email addresses and phone numbers of any dependents (spouse or children)
- Personal Statement (Reasearch Plan)
- Bank account statement of at least $13,000
- Note: If the Affidavit of Financial Support does not cover the full amount for the J-1 Scholar and accompanying dependents, enough personal funds must be indicated on the bank account statement to cover the full amount.
A packet containing all of the above documents should be mailed to IPPMI at the following address:
International Public Policy & Management Institute
Martin School of Public Policy & Administration
University of Kentucky
1169 Patterson Office Tower
Lexington, KY 40506-0027 U.S.A.
*All documents must be submitted in English.