- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Centers & Research
- Alumni & Friends
Overview of Certificate Program
The International Public Policy and Management Institute offers a one-year Professional Certification program for international professionals in the field of public policy and government. The Certificate program is designed to provide international professionals with an academic, professional & cultural experience in the United States. The program consists of the following five components:
- Independent Academic Studies and research on current issues in disciplines relevant to participant’s professions
- Comprehensive English language programs for formal and practical communication
- Professional field trips to private and public enterprises, and government agencies
- Internship experience with local public and government officials
- American cultural experiences.
Qualifications & Admissions Process
Participation in the IPPMI Program requires a baccalaureate degree, 5 years of professional experience, and basic English language competency. All applicants should submit an application for admission, an official transcript of undergraduate studies with certification of graduation, and TOEFL scores or comparable evidence of basic English language competency. Letters of recommendation may also be submitted, but are optional.
Application Deadlines are as follows:
- July 1 for Fall semester
- December 1 for Spring semester
Program Tuition: $24,000
- Online Application
- Official Transcript
- Proof of Undergraduate Graduation
- Personal Statement
- Evidence of Basic English Language Capability
- Financial Affidavit
- (optional) Letters of Recommendation
The following is an outline of the application & notification process:
- After the applications are due, The Martin School and IPPMI review the profiles of all applicants.
- The Martin School and IPPMI notify all accepted applicants.
- The Martin School and IPPMI will submit all necessary documents to the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and will receive a SEVIS DS-2019 for each participant.
- IPPMI sends these SEVIS DS-2019 forms to the applicants which they need to use to apply for a J-1 VISA.