At a Glance
Our graduates work all over the world. In 2017, 28 master's students graduated from our programs. Around a quarter have found jobs in all three levels of government; another quarter are working internationally in government or quasi-government organizations post-graduation. The rest work in nonprofits, the private sector, the military, or are continuing their education.
Below is a breakdown of job placements for the 5-year MPA cohort starting in 2012-2013:
Graduation Rates ARY-5 MPA Cohort (2012-13)
• Initially enrolled: 38
• Graduated in 100% program length: 28
• Full-time students typically graduate in two years.
• Graduated in 150% program length: 2
• Part-time students may take up to 8 years.
• Graduated in 200% program length: 2
• Dual Degree students (Pharm.D./MPA and JD/MPA students take 4 years to complete their
Job Placement Stats for 2017 MPA Graduates using NASPAA Categories: 16 Students Total
• US Government: 2
• State Government: 4
• U.S. Local Government: 0
• International Quasi-Government or Government All Levels: 4
• Nonprofit (domestic-oriented): 5
• Nonprofit (international): 0
• Private Sector (research/consulting): 0
• Private Sector (not research/consulting): 0
• Obtaining Further Education: 1
• Military Service: 0
• Unemployed (not seeking employment): 0
• Unemployed (seeking employment): 0
• Status Unknown: 0
*Due to our close collaboration with the government of the Republic of Korea through the International Public Policy & Management Insitute, Ministry of Personnel Management, and the Korean Development Institute we typically have a number of Korean Government Officials who return to their jobs in Korea, hence the high number of International placements. Due to the Pharm.D./MPA dual degree program, we typically have a high number of placements in the Health Care Sector, including Health Administration. The Nonprofit area of specialization is one of the most popular, and typically a high percentage of graduates remain in this field. Due to the number of University employees in our program, we typically have a high number of placements in Higher Education Administration.