- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Centers & Research
- Alumni & Friends
Grants Director at United Way in Lousville, KY
Submitted by rfr235 on Thu, 2017-11-30 12:07
The Grants Director supports the mission of Metro United Way by identifying, writing, managing and monitoring various grant opportunities that align with the organization's community impact strategies. This position will work closely with cross-functional staff teams and community partners to develop and write successful proposals, and report back to the grantors and key Metro United Way stakeholders on how the funds are utilized.
1. Researches and identifies potential and appropriate sources of strategically aligned grant support (governmental, corporate, private foundations, associations).
2. Develops, writes, and edits clear and compelling proposals to funding organizations on behalf of Metro United Way and our partners, ensuring detailed quality control.
3. Serves as a subject matter expert to MUW partners and to the community on grant proposals and management, in situations where MUW may be key collaborator or fiscal agent, but not necessarily the grant owner.
4. Serves as a subject matter expert and coach to MUW staff in grant program startup, budgeting, and general management.
5. Works with key staff and volunteers to ensure that essential elements of the grant project are gathered and communicated in documents.
6. Manages and monitors multiple grant applications, follow-up and reports, including an organization-wide calendar of deadlines for applying for and reporting on grants, ensuring that deadlines, compliance requirements, and quality standards are met.
7. Creates and executes short- and long-term approaches for development of increased private foundation, government and corporate foundation support.
8. Studies and masters all information regarding MUW’s impact areas, strategies, goals and measures. Keeps informed of new developments in MUW’s approaches. Attends impact area meetings as appropriate, coordinates efforts with research staff and content experts.
9. Collaborates regularly with key internal departments, senior managers and key volunteers.
10. Reports results of grant funding and progress toward grant deliverables to senior management, Executive Committee and Board of Directors, including analysis of grant-related ROI.
11. Ensures appropriate and consistent communication and brand messaging of goals and results.
12. Ensures consistent reporting and analysis of cost and utilizes organizational database properly to track all foundation communications.
13. Develops and maintains policies, procedures and objectives related to grant applications and processes.
14. Leads, directs and supervises assigned staff (if applicable) by recruiting, developing and coaching the staff to create a motivated, high performing team.
15. Other assigned duties as required.