- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Centers & Research
- Alumni & Friends
UK Mission Statement
The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university dedicated to improving people's lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and health care. As Kentucky's flagship institution, the University plays a critical leadership role by promoting diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being.
Martin School Mission Statement
The Martin School of Public Policy and Administration excels in research, education, and service by applying our intellectual and other resources to public policy and management issues.
We accomplish our unique purpose by:
- Engaging in cutting-edge, policy analytic research.
- Preparing students in our Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Policy, and Doctoral Programs in Public Policy and Administration to be future leaders able to bridge the gap between analysis and action.
- Providing service to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, nation, and international communities.
- Providing an innovative environment reflective of commitment, strategic thinking, and integrity in public service.
MPA Mission Statement
The Martin School's Master of Public Administration program prepares future public and nonprofit leaders who are committed to integrity and excellence in public policy, public financial analysis, and public management.
To accomplish our mission we:
- Foster commitment to public service and excellence in public policy and administration.
- Prepare both pre-service and in-service students to provide professional leadership in public policy and administration at all levels of government, in not-for-profit organizations, and in the public service-related activities of profit-seeking enterprises.
- Enhance the knowledge and problem solving capabilities of our students by focusing on policy analytic and public financial management skills so they can function effectively as analysts, managers, and leaders.