Faculty and Staff - Working Remotely due to Covid-19
At a Glance
Below is a breakdown of time to graduation for the 5-year MPA cohort starting in 2014-2015:
Graduation Rates MPA Cohort (2014-2015)
• Initially enrolled: 29
• Graduated within 2 years: 23
• Graduated within 3 years: 26
• Graduated within 4 years: 26
*Full-time students generally complete the degree in two years, while part-time students (less than 9 credit hours per semester) can take at least twice as long, depending on the various courseloads. Dual degree students (PharmD/MPA or JD/MPA) generally complete both programs in four years.
Our graduates work all over the world. In 2018-2019, almost half the MPA graduates went on to work for nonprofit organizations, with the other graduates finding work in the private sector, higher education administration, and international government. One student went on to obtain further higher education.
Job Placement Stats for 2018-2019 MPA Graduates using NASPAA Categories: 14 Students Total
- US Government: 0
- State Government: 1*
- U.S. Local Government: 0
- International Quasi-Government or Government All Levels: 3
- Nonprofit (domestic-oriented): 6
- Nonprofit (international): 0
- Private Sector (research/consulting): 0
- Private Sector (not research/consulting): 3
- Obtaining Further Education: 1
- Military Service: 0
- Unemployed (not seeking employment): 0
- Unemployed (seeking employment): 0
- Status Unknown: 0
*Higher education administration at state university
Due to our close collaboration with the government of the Republic of Korea through the International Public Policy & Management Insitute, Ministry of Personnel Management, and the Korean Development Institute we typically have a number of Korean Government Officials who return to their jobs in Korea, hence the high number of International placements. Due to the Pharm.D./MPA dual degree program, we typically have a high number of placements in the Health Care Sector, including Health Administration. The Nonprofit area of specialization is one of the most popular, and typically a high percentage of graduates remain in this field. Due to the number of University employees in our program, we typically have a high number of placements in Higher Education Administration.
Please click the following links to learn more about the application process/requirements, tuition costs, and internship opportunities respectively:
- MPA application instructions
- UK Registrar - Tuition and Fees
- Please note that full-time students pay a total amount (plus fees) per semester, while part-time students pay an amount per credit hour (plus fees). On the Registrar's page, MPA students are considered "Graduate Students."
- Internship information